My Mai Tei

I took on this project to see if it would help me when I am out shopping and Lorelei refuses to stay in her stroller. I know I could have gone to a store and bought a carrier for a little bit of money but instead I wanted to see if I could make one. I found an amazing blog with a step by step tutorial that was very handy. I probably couldn’t have done it without it.  The Mai Tei took me a few hours from start to finish, I sewed it in two evenings once Lorelei was in bed. All in all it was fairly simple. It looks a lot harder than it actually was.

SDP-20090803-373

SDP-20090803-374

We went to Lynn Valley for the day where we had the opportunity to use it for the first time. I tried Lorelei in the front and she did quite well. When it was her nap time and we had no where to put her down I placed her in the Mei Tai on my back, it was exactly what she needed! She fell asleep and stayed that way for quite a well. We even went for a small hike with her on my back, it worked perfectly. I found the carrier to be very comfortable and so far I am happy with it.

SDP-20090803-61

SDP-20090803-364

3 comments:

Cassie Ouellette said...
August 3, 2009 at 10:23 PM

Tahts great Sam! I wish I had your talent!

taniab said...
August 3, 2009 at 10:54 PM

Looks like it worked perfectly for nap time. Hopefully she will love it and it will make shopping easier.

Samantha said...
August 5, 2009 at 10:15 AM

I sure hope it makes nap easier. The only thing is that I can't put her on my back by myself yet. She is still too small. One day that will get easier, I hope once she is a little bigger. But I went shopping with her in the front and it was perfect. It was nice to have both my hands to bag veggies :)

Leave a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit my little blog! Your comments make my day :)

Back to Home Back to Top Making Life Prettier. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.