Simply Color Pow Wow Quilt

I was lucky and thrilled to win a layer cake of Simply Color by V & Co. from Fat Quarter Shop when I entered my hexie pouch during the friendship bracelet blog hop a few weeks ago that was hosted by Diane at from blank pages…  When it came I pretty much cut into it the next day especially since my almost four year old has been asking me for a blankie. That is right I made a baby quilt for my almost four year old. I really wanted to try the Pow Wow quilt by Cluck, Cluck, Sew. So here it is:

I made the baby size not the crib size since I only had 1 1/2 yards of solid hanging around but it is perfect for her to carry around and that is what she wanted.

SDP-20121106-01

And here is my happy princess! She loves to sleep with her cozy blankie and carries it down to the couch to watch morning shows just like her baby sister.

SDP-20121106-09SDP-20121106-05

Did you notice that I found eggplant minky! You can’t really tell in these pictures but I quilted it with a sherbet like rainbow variegated thread. This is such an awesome fabric line to work with and I still have a couple more projects to come! Yay! So bright and colorful.

Linking to TGIFF at Quilt Matters and crazy mom quilts Finish it up Friday

16 comments:

Allison said...
November 9, 2012 at 9:42 AM

It is beautiful!!!! Love the colors and LOVE your fabric choice! The eggplant minky is perfect...thanks for sharing it with me! -Allison

Megan said...
November 9, 2012 at 10:45 AM

I love your Pow Wow quilt! The minky is beautiful, too. Great finish! Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...
November 9, 2012 at 12:18 PM

Oh, I've eyed this pattern, too! Your version might push me over the edge. I'm also thinking of making a minky-backed quilt for my toddler. Yours looks much-beloved.

M-R Charbonneau said...
November 9, 2012 at 12:22 PM

LOVE it! It looks like your daughter sure does too! How did you find quilting the minky?

Anonymous said...
November 9, 2012 at 1:35 PM

fantastic job!

Ariane said...
November 9, 2012 at 5:35 PM

Such a cute little quilt!! And with the soft minky she will love to cuddle with it. It's like a big hug blankie!!!

Toye said...
November 9, 2012 at 8:48 PM

This is just adorable and I love the simple straight line quilting.

Lisa said...
November 9, 2012 at 11:54 PM

The minky looks so warm and cuddly - I have never worked with this fabric, but now I think I just might have to try it! Beautiful quilt, great choice of colours.

Anonymous said...
November 10, 2012 at 3:14 AM

The bright colours are really gorgeous - they really make it pop.

trish said...
November 10, 2012 at 5:10 AM

Your quilt is gorgeous! Love the fabric and pattern!

Karen H said...
November 10, 2012 at 5:15 AM

Love the quilt... the minky backing is so perfect!

Kelli said...
November 10, 2012 at 2:20 PM

I absolutely love it! And it looks like your daughter does too!!!

Marsha Cooper said...
November 12, 2012 at 1:04 PM

She is too cute...and you have to love those boots :)

Quilted Lily said...
November 28, 2012 at 4:27 AM

Beautiful colors...love the simplicity of your line quilting!

V and Co. said...
January 17, 2013 at 7:02 AM

sharing this on the blog!!!! :)

Leave a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit my little blog! Your comments make my day :)

Back to Home Back to Top Making Life Prettier. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.