April Goal

I am going to finish my Lilly Belle quilt! That is right I made a quilt for myself and still haven’t finished it. This quilt is all ready to finish! I just need to quilt it. I am struggling on how to quilt it. I am not confident in FMQ yet so I need to figure out what direction I want to straight line quilt. Suggestions?

I have already pinned and tried to quilt it but it shifted all over the place. (well I quilted five rows.) It is now unpicked and ready to spray baste. No more pins for big quilts for me!!! So I must try again and just finish it so I can enjoy snuggling under this quilt!

Sorry for the crappy phone picture…

linking to A Lovely Year of Finishes April goal party at Fiber of All Sorts and Sew Bittersweet Designs 

2 comments:

Cathy said...
April 3, 2013 at 4:51 PM

Oh It looks great! I love spray baste. I never use pins. Quilt it in the direction that makes sense to you. I look at it and I almost think I would go across the width rather than the length of the quilt. : )

Jo said...
April 3, 2013 at 9:09 PM

This looks wonderful. I love the pattern and the fabrics :) I would probably agree, across the width, less bulk to get through the machine. I have been trying out more FMQ lately with bigger quilts as it can be a bit easier manoeuvring around than doing straight lines. Good luck, can't wait to see the result :)

Leave a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit my little blog! Your comments make my day :)

Back to Home Back to Top Making Life Prettier. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.