Rainbow Thread

Some days I think that may daughter is half duck because she loves to go out and play in the rain. Last week after coming inside from the rain. She started collected scraps from what I was cutting (yes they are little pieces of purple bunny posy print I almost said no but embraced her creativity, lol) then asked me for a needle and rainbow thread. This is her very first time sewing. She very carefully sewed the pieces together forming a big knotty mess that she called a kite. She loved it but then asked to use my sewing machine…I told her she was a little too little to use mom’s sewing machine. I think we have a little girl who is interested in sewing in the house!

3 comments:

Valspierssews said...
April 15, 2013 at 4:18 PM

This is lovely. You know you can turn the machine down slow and sit her on your lap and show her how to guide the fabric through with your hands on hers. She looks like she would understand not to grab at the needle . I can't remember how old my girls were but I know they couldn't reach the foot control.

Britt G. said...
April 15, 2013 at 5:35 PM

My daughter, who's four now, has been "sewing" on my spare machine for a while now. I still control the foot pedal - but she actually prefers to use the turn dial on the side to make the machine go. My mom just bought her a little sewing basket and mini machine for her alone - so I am excited to see how she works it on her own. It is so great to see our own passions passed onto our children. Great memories!

Nicole said...
April 16, 2013 at 5:44 PM

What a doll! How old is she? It's so sweet when they want to do the same thing as you.
I have a four-year old that I let sew with me. I turn the speed of the machine down and let her press the foot pedal while I hold the fabric as it feeds through the machine. It's enough for her to feel like she's sewing with mommy and keeps her safe at the same time. Win-win!

Leave a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit my little blog! Your comments make my day :)

Back to Home Back to Top Making Life Prettier. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.