Style Stitches

I finally made a project out of Amy Butler’s Style Stitches book. (I only have had this book for two years.) I made the Key Keeper Coin Purse. I nicknamed it the teardrop pouch since it is suppose to go with the teardrop purse. I used some Anna Maria Horner feathers in denim and essex linen in putty. Yes I know I have been making a lot of pouches lately.

It was a pretty quick sew. I had some issues with bulk at the end of zippers but there is not much to be done about that. and the band seams don’t quite meet up on the sides but shhhh it was my first time dealing with a zipper and a band.

I had bought these little charms that were on clearance at the craft store. I thought they would be sweet for zipper pulls. I happened to have one with a feather on it and thought it was the perfect touch for this simple pouch!

Oh and I apparently didn’t put the little loop in the right spot. Oops! I figure it is not a huge deal, right?!

A little sneak pic of the inside. Taking pictures of the inside of pouches is tough! There is a pocket on the inside. I used the butterfly print from Field Study for it but you can’t really see them.

I am thinking I am going to have to make another one for me! This is the perfect lip balm purse pouch I think because this one is heading to my Pretty Little Pouch Swap partner as an extra little treat!

linking to finish it up friday at crazy mom quilts

7 comments:

Snowcatcher said...
April 26, 2013 at 10:53 AM

I can't get over how perfect that pull goes with the fabric! Cute little project!

Anonymous said...
April 26, 2013 at 10:58 AM

such a sweet little thing

Renee said...
April 26, 2013 at 12:09 PM

So cute! I have been cookin' up some zippered pouches from Noodlehead, and they are so fast and easy (compared to the queen sized quilt I finished anyway). I just ordered a bunch more zippers from zipit to make mothers day gifts. I love the shape, style and fabrics on yours! That peacock fabric is gorgeous!

tahoe34 said...
April 26, 2013 at 3:44 PM

I wish I was your Pretty Little Pouch swap partner! Great job and so pretty!!!

Karen H said...
April 26, 2013 at 6:54 PM

Very cute - you did an excellent job!

ipatchandquilt said...
April 27, 2013 at 2:48 PM

Gorgeous pouch! Keep making them! :-)

Leave a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit my little blog! Your comments make my day :)

Back to Home Back to Top Making Life Prettier. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.