Mother’s Day

For Mother’s day this year my little sweet four year old found my selvage pieces from some field study FQs and asked if she could make me a pouch with them for Mother’s Day. She was in the midst of asking for a pink zipper and a needle with thread. When I said it is going to be kind of hard to sew all those strips together with a needle and thread so how about we use the sewing machine. She was so gitty! Her sister happened to have gone to sleep early that night which gave me the opportunity to let her use my sewing machine since her Dad was at the movies.

I lined up the strips and fed them into the machine. Lorelei stood in between the sewing machine and me stepping on the presser foot or as she called it the petal. I did set my machine to “sew slow” so she wouldn’t run over my fingers. She sewed all the strips together this way and the zipper. I took over for the top stitching and the assembling of the pouch. She was sooooo proud of her pouch. I love it! She also was thrilled to put the “kitty cat fabric” on the back since I had a spare block from my quilt I am making. I will always remember our first sewing project we made together and will forever cherish it!

She was also very thoughtful and picked out a card for me while shopping with her dad a couple weekends ago. It was perfect!

I am so blessed to be a Mommy to two beautiful little girls and a wife to the love of my life! I wouldn’t have it any other way! I am one lucky girl.

SDP-20130414-124-Edit-Edit

Wishing you all a Happy Mother’s day!

linking to Let’s Get Acquainted at Blossom Heart Quilts

11 comments:

Sherry said...
May 12, 2013 at 7:28 PM

A pretty little pouch and a wonderful story.

CityHouseStudio said...
May 12, 2013 at 7:35 PM

So cute! Both the pouch and all of your photos! :-)

Chris Dodsley @made by ChrissieD said...
May 12, 2013 at 8:33 PM

That's just a wonderful story. Hope you had a great day :)

Alyce @ Blossom Heart Quilts said...
May 12, 2013 at 8:40 PM

Oh my goodness, what adorable cherubs you have!! I can't wait to sew with my kids once they're a bit older :)

Thanks for linking up!

Heidi Staples said...
May 12, 2013 at 8:52 PM

SO sweet, Samantha! Isn't it great that we can make these memories with our girls?!

Catherine said...
May 13, 2013 at 4:24 AM

What a lovely picture of you and your little girl, and what a happy memory for you both!

maria said...
May 13, 2013 at 6:58 AM

The pouch is lovely. Such a great story. I have a boy, I asked him recently if he wanted to help me make a charity quilt and he said "No, not really". Oh well.

Renee said...
May 13, 2013 at 12:46 PM

So cute! She has a good eye for design. What a fun project to work on together.

Anonymous said...
May 13, 2013 at 1:36 PM

What a lovely pouch with such a great story behind it.

Nicole said...
May 22, 2013 at 9:52 PM

What a precious moment you had with Lorelei! May you have many more happy sewing moments with your girls!

Leave a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit my little blog! Your comments make my day :)

Back to Home Back to Top Making Life Prettier. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.