Magnetic snaps…

I installed my first magnetic snap a couple months ago when I made Miss L her lady bug 241 Tote. I was a little worried but everything went great expect for the cost of the magnetic snap, ouch. I decided that I would pre buy some more snaps for when I needed them again. This time I got 10 snaps from ebay for about the same amount I paid for the two at Fabricland if you live in Canada you know we all have a love hate relationship with that store. When the snaps arrived I was thrilled! I ordered thin ones so they are perfect for pouches too!

So here you have pouch number three! I made a pattern called the pocket clutch by Michelle Patterns. She has discontinued this pattern which is kind of sad. I really like how it turned out! By the way she does have some patterns in her shop that are similar.

I used my binding clips to sew all the layers together. They are such awesome little clips. Also if you pin in your zips you might want to consider using binding clips instead that way it won’t shift the zip as you pin and unpin.

I am glad that I now have a pouch in my purse for my lip balm and hand cream! Yes this one was for me. It was a little sloppy to giveaway well that is my excuse at least.

Btw the fabric I used here is from the awesome package I received from Pink Castle Fabrics. I had won their monthly giveaway back at the end of April and they sent me two lovely Fat Eighth bundles. Yay! Did you know that they have a link up every month on their blog? You can enter an item that you have made during that month that you have made with fabric from their shop to win fabric. How awesome is that?

IMG_1719

4 comments:

Renee said...
June 19, 2013 at 3:31 PM

Your little clutch is so cute! I need to get buying some fabric from Pink Castle so I can enter their giveaway! ;-)

Laura C @ littleandlots said...
June 19, 2013 at 6:48 PM

I Instagrammed my little Pink Castle bundles the other day but haven't blogged them yet. I LOVE mine, it's *almost* like I buy all my fabric from them so they know what I like, or something. :)

Your photos of this little pouch are so great! The colors of the Chicopee print look so vibrant against the green grass. And of course, it's a fantastic pouch.

taniab said...
June 20, 2013 at 6:05 PM

Love this style, you seem to pick the best pouch patterns to make.

Heidi Staples said...
June 22, 2013 at 10:26 AM

I love this pattern and have it in my stash. I really need to make it one of these days. Very cute!

Leave a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit my little blog! Your comments make my day :)

Back to Home Back to Top Making Life Prettier. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.