Mug Rugs

I joined another swap the last one for a bit. I need to finish up some of my projects! Anyways it was all about mug rugs. I don’t actually own one so I was excited about the idea of owning one. I made two different mug rugs since I was not too sure which one my partner would want. I have narrowed it down now to which one I will send. I had fun making these.

I really loved putting this one together and how the quilting turned out. It was super nice working one something small and trying something new! I was also grateful for the lovely quilting community. I had put a shout out on IG that I needed some reproduction prints and a lovely local lady named Paula mailed me some! 

This one I drew out my own template for paper piecing the rays. I enjoyed creating it as I went.

linking to finish it up friday at crazy mom quilts

5 comments:

Renee said...
June 7, 2013 at 12:08 PM

I love the second one! Great idea and execution. And the flower prints with the crossweave!

ipatchandquilt said...
June 7, 2013 at 1:44 PM

They are both lovely! Great fabric choices!!!
Esther
ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com
esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo com

Frances Meredith said...
June 8, 2013 at 12:33 AM

I love the black crosshatch fabric, a great alternative to a solid.

Heidi Staples said...
June 9, 2013 at 7:24 PM

Beautiful, Samantha!

Laura C @ littleandlots said...
June 11, 2013 at 5:37 AM

Oh, I've always had a soft spot for 30's repro fabrics. You made them so incredibly modern with the crosshatch background fabric. Smart combo!

Leave a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit my little blog! Your comments make my day :)

Back to Home Back to Top Making Life Prettier. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.