Tallahassee Basket

I am so happy that I finally get to share this on my blog! I sent this basket to my quilting buddy that is all the way in Australia. I picked the slower cheaper way of postage needless to say it was slow and took two months to get to her! I was starting to stress out a little since the post office said 4 to 6 weeks. Everything arrived safely so it is all good. Yay! Love you Brie!!!

So here you have this beautiful fabric basket. I had bought a mini Posy charm pack which were the perfect size for this paper foundation block. Also  there happened to have six different colors for six different flowers! It is called the Tallahassee Block. I used this pattern here the 8” one. (although I think that I shrunk but I can’t remember how much.)

I followed Ayumi’s Tutorial over at Pink Penguin but made some size adjustments for the basket. Before I assembled the basket I went and practiced some hand quilting with some light pink 12 wt. thread.

You can see the super cute bunny lining inside! I will for sure make this block again. I love the flowers!

If you haven’t tried paper foundation piecing you should give it a go! I love it!

PS. If you haven’t seen my last post you might want to go check it out…

linking to fabric tuesday at Quilt Story

4 comments:

Dee said...
June 25, 2013 at 12:43 PM

Oh, this wins the prize today for utter sweetness and cuteness! I use that tute a lot and you've done a great job making your version!

Laura C @ littleandlots said...
June 25, 2013 at 5:24 PM

I love the block you used, and the Posy color scheme is great. I think this would make a great baby-girl-quilt color scheme, with that black crosshatch to edgy it up a little bit! Your hand quilting is very nice.

I NEED to make one of these baskets, you have posted too many great ones. It's just...an "I can do it" barrier kind of thing, you know?!

Anonymous said...
June 25, 2013 at 6:18 PM

Super cute! I have never tried paper piecing but might have to some day.

Heidi Staples said...
July 6, 2013 at 10:38 AM

Samantha, this is just the sweetest basket! Beautiful job!!

Leave a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit my little blog! Your comments make my day :)

Back to Home Back to Top Making Life Prettier. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.