Zippy Wallet

Pouch number four of the week. Sorry if I am boring you… but I am getting my Pay It Forward projects done, only one more to go. Yay!

This is a little wallet/pouch is for your cards and of course I would put in some lip balm too. I asked my pay it forward person for ideas of things she wanted. (I know it was suppose to be a surprise but oh well. If you are reading this I hope you like it). She is my aunt and she lives on the other side of the country. I am in BC and she is in Newfoundland  I really didn’t want to send something that she didn’t want or need. I am still going to make her a drawstring bag for her knitting too because I love her and she has had a little too much stuff going on in her life right now.

I used this tutorial from Noodlehead by Anna. It is a great little tutorial like all of her other tutorials and patterns. (I still really need to make a super tote for a park/beach bag) I only had a black sew in snap to attach and I figured magnetics near cards wasn’t a great idea. I think that the size of the snap is great a smaller one would have been to little if you know what I mean!

It is kind of funny because the zipper in this pouch is one that my aunt bought locally at a liquidation center a few years ago and left at my moms when she moved. It is now going to make its way back to her!

(Sorry I am not too sure of the fabric of this pouch. My dear sewing buddy who lives in Australia left it here when she moved back to the Oz. I miss her! Speaking of which she finally received her package that I sent so I can finally share it with you guys! Although you will have to wait until next week sometime)

Linking to finish it up friday at crazy mom quilts

PS stop back on Monday to see what type of pouch I have made for one of my followers! That is right my first giveaway is happening!!!!

8 comments:

Julie said...
June 21, 2013 at 9:13 AM

Cute!! I love the fun zipper pull on the pouch. What a neat little gift!

Paula said...
June 21, 2013 at 9:28 AM

Thanks for sharing the tutorial. I've saved it to my ever growing list of things I want to try!

taniab said...
June 21, 2013 at 9:55 AM

Thanks for sharing, I am not getting bored at all seeing your projects.

Renee said...
June 21, 2013 at 5:35 PM

Very cute! I like the snap pocket on it. I was recently given some hand-me-down fabrics by two sort-of-friends, and made them little zipper pouches out of some of the fabrics and zippers they gave me! It was a nice way to say thank you :-)

deborah said...
June 21, 2013 at 7:55 PM

Adorable little pouch... and Burt's Bees is the best!

Laura C @ littleandlots said...
June 22, 2013 at 4:40 AM

Cute! Is the brown tab and binding leather? If it's fabric, it looks like leather. I want to make a super tote too, but I am having the hardest time choosing fabrics!

Anonymous said...
June 22, 2013 at 7:51 AM

It's super cute! Do you have any recommendations for starter projects for zippy pouches as I'd love to have a go but I'm not sure where to start.

Heidi Staples said...
June 22, 2013 at 10:27 AM

Great pouch! I love that zipper!!

Leave a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit my little blog! Your comments make my day :)

Back to Home Back to Top Making Life Prettier. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.