Baby Strip Quilt

I guess those around me will benefit from my quilting obsession. I kinda feel bad that I have cousins and other family members/friends that I have not make baby quilts for but I just wasn’t into quilting then…

This baby quilt was not hard and no I didn’t practice my Free Motion Quilting. I should have but quick straight lines were quicker. I need to start packing and stop sewing. Although I am still going to try to sneak another WIP in before the end of the month. However when I look at the calendar that might not happen… we will see…

So I took my yardage (I had some 1/4 and 1/2 yards) and cut random width strips and sewed them together. Those rows are straight really it was just the wind.

_DP_6849

This line was called Tutti Frutti from Timeless Treasures and I mixed in another couple dots and some Kona white. It is quilted 1/4” away from each seam with some Aurifil thread.

_DP_6850

This fabric was one of my first just because it was cute purchases. I was thinking of making quilt for one of my girls with it but then I won the Simply Color Layer Cake and Miss L like that better. I love those little pears! I had bought enough for the backing of a baby quilt.

_DP_6851

I think that this quilt is an awesome spring/summer baby quilt. I hope it is enjoyed by the new parents and their little princess. It measures at approx. 33 by 38 inches.

Linking to Finish it up Friday at Crazy Mom Quilts

5 comments:

Renee said...
July 11, 2013 at 3:48 PM

What a cute little baby quilt! Those pears just pop!

Amira@littlemushroomcap said...
July 12, 2013 at 2:05 PM

Simple yet so attractive! The colours are lovely. Sure makes a happy baby!
Amira @ http://littlemushroomcap.blogspot.com

Cathy said...
July 12, 2013 at 7:30 PM

Lovely bright colours, and perfect for a baby!

Laura C @ littleandlots said...
July 13, 2013 at 6:48 AM

Very cute! The brights are so cheery for a little girl. I think sometimes you just have to do quick, easy, and simple to feel like you finished something, you know? It can't all be masterpiece FMQ intricate piecing. And this turned out so cute, to boot--bonus!

Leave a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit my little blog! Your comments make my day :)

Back to Home Back to Top Making Life Prettier. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.