September is Craft Book Month

I have to say I haven’t made a ton from my quilting/craft books but recently I was ask to help make quilts for a local hospital so I took this chance to make the  “Little Man” quilt from Camille Roskelley’s book Simplify. It had been on my list to try for quite some time.

Image of Simplify- Quilts for the Modern Home

This was such a quick and simple quilt to put together. A great size too! I used flannel for the blocks which was a little bit of a pain, it kind of stretches a bit. I would for sure make this quilt again.

_DP_9621

I decided to use Amanda’s tutorial on machine binding the quilt. I was pleasantly surprised on how smoothly it went. My last attempt of machine stitching binding down was not this smooth.

_DP_9624

Linking to September is Craft Book Month at Craftbuds.com

Craft Book Month at Craft Buds

5 comments:

Barb said...
September 17, 2013 at 5:46 PM

Love your quilt! I've made this one too, and it is fast, and fun.

Laura C @ littleandlots said...
September 17, 2013 at 5:56 PM

This really is a cute quilt! You are so amazing to be giving your (always limited when you are a momma) sewing time to be making these charity quilts. I bet this is so soft and snuggly. Any parent of a baby boy would be pleased to have it.

Poppyprint said...
September 17, 2013 at 10:43 PM

Aw, those cute monkeys get me every time! That's such a sweet quilt.

Heidi Staples said...
September 19, 2013 at 10:28 AM

Such a darling quilt! I love Camille's books and fabrics -- all amazing!

Leave a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit my little blog! Your comments make my day :)

Back to Home Back to Top Making Life Prettier. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.