November Goal

I am making a quilt for my brother. He is a pretty awesome guy. He has helped me with tiling in my home and also has helped a lot supporting my parents since my Dad is still not working because of his motorcycle accident. It has been a frustrating year for our family but through it all we can always count on each other. This quilt is a Thank-you for all that he does!

I had finished this quilt top early last month and have been waiting to be inspired on how I am going to quilt it. I think I have decided to do straight line quilting horizontally in a dark gray thread. I hope it will be quick since I have quite a few projects to finish before the end of the year. 

10728373306_b720b4a3d1

This pattern is called Orbit. You can find it over at LRstitched right here. It is an awesome quilt along pattern. I would highly recommend it!  Since this is a guy quilt I did add some length to the top and the bottom. You don’t want your toes to get cold!

I even have the back all ready to go too. Now to get basting and quilting!

10728376576_defcaf3c54

The goal I am setting from myself is to have this quilted by the end of the month. I would love to have it quilted for show and tell at the Vancouver Modern Quilt Guild meeting on the 18th but we will see if time and my children will allow that, lol.

linking to November: Lovely Year of Finishes ~ Goal Setting Party at Fiber of all Sorts

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
November 8, 2013 at 3:33 AM

Nice masculine quilt for your bro! One of the best parts about knowing how to quilt is how meaningful they are as gifts.

Kinga Izabella said...
November 8, 2013 at 10:05 AM

What a lovely idea! The quilt will look great! I´ll keep my finger croosed ;)

Heather D. said...
November 8, 2013 at 11:09 AM

Straight line quilting is always a good way to go. Gives nice texture but is simple enough to do and hopefully can be done quickly!

kim said...
November 8, 2013 at 4:50 PM

Very nice! I love your colour combo. I'm sure your brother will love it!

Leave a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit my little blog! Your comments make my day :)

Back to Home Back to Top Making Life Prettier. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.