My brother is better than yours…

…well it is true. I have the sweetest and most awesome brother who spoils me once and a while. He bought me fabric for my birthday that was in April. Not just any fabric a Fat Quarter bundle of 12 Anna Maria Horner Field Study prints! Plus some 1/2 yards of Amy Butler Alchemy prints. He loves me! I should really start on his quilt I plan on making him I have all the supplies…

Anyhow my FQ bundle came and I had to make something with it ASAP! I happened to buy some AMH Field Study yardage plus a Bari J print from her Splendor 1920 line that went perfectly for my birthday as part of my bday gift from my husband. So I had 13 prints to play with and went on a search for a pattern.

I found a pattern on Cluck, Cluck, Sew called Squares and Strips. A patchwork quilt! I have never done a 16 patch or a framed patch so I decided that this was perfect. Quick, easy, and something that I could use my FQ bundle with. Perfect!

_DP_6740

This top only took me a few days to complete but then I was on a stand still until I found the perfect thread to quilt with. Well I found it at the quilt show last weekend! Aurifil #5022 came to the rescue. I had brought my pouch that Miss L had made with me to color match.

IMG_20130623_140328

I quilted it with curves most of them with a curved frame excepted for the framed blocks those ones got an orange peel type petal. I used my walking foot and I didn’t mark where I was quilting so it is far from perfect but I am not too worried about it.

_DP_6755

I am in love with this quilt and I love the fact that there is a quilt in this house that finally belongs to me!!!!!!

With the yardage I even had enough for the backing and binding! This truly is a birthday fabric quilt!

Okay I will stop with the pictures already… Hope everyone has a great week!

linking to

Let’s Get Acquainted at Quilts in the Queue

Fresh Sewing Day at Lily’s Quilts

Fabric Tuesday at Quilt Story

7 comments:

joanold said...
June 30, 2013 at 11:33 PM

A very pretty and colourful quilt, well done!

Deb Robertson Writes said...
July 1, 2013 at 1:20 AM

I totally totally love this, it is amazing. I bet it feels fantastic too

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation said...
July 1, 2013 at 5:18 AM

beautiful quilt! I love the fabrics you chose and the gold thread is perfect!

:) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

Paula said...
July 1, 2013 at 8:52 AM

I want your brother!! (Mine did remember to text me and wish me a happy birthday last week though, so he's not a total washout!)

Beautiful quilt!

Pam @ Quilting Fun said...
July 1, 2013 at 9:05 AM

Love your birthday quilt. I am impressed you didn't give it away!

Renee said...
July 1, 2013 at 6:09 PM

gorgeous! What a wonderful quilt to call your own.

Anonymous said...
July 4, 2013 at 5:14 AM

This is a great quilt! I have had the tutorial pinned for a while to use with my vintage sheet FQs. Looks amazing in these bold, vibrant prints! Thanks for stopping by Let's Get Acquainted!

Leave a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit my little blog! Your comments make my day :)

Back to Home Back to Top Making Life Prettier. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.